Let’s see… Today is Saturday, February 21, 2009, Jackson will be 5 months old on the 7th of March. He is getting so big… Very Tall, not too fat but has filled out nicely. He has more hair now and it looks pretty red. He will have either green or brown eyes, possibly hazel, they are pretty dark so we know blue are out!! He found his voice around the 2 ½ mark and has been talking up a storm since. He can say a few things, but doesn’t really use them to communicate, just when he feels like it. He spouts off with an Oh! In excitement, an uck! With disgust, Hi! sometimes with meaning, and Yummmmmm when eating food he likes!! He is very stubborn and wants to walk already. He takes every opportunity to stand and walk while assisted. He has been grabbing things and putting them in his mouth since just before he was 3 months. He rolls over to both the left and right when on his tummy. Roll’s to his sides when on his back, only a matter of time before he makes it all the way over!! Is starting to army crawl to get to things he wants, like his favorite toys, (Tigger, Teddy, his linking rings, and few others) and needs little assistance to sit on his own.
We saw the pediatrician on Monday, February 9, 2009. He was very impressed at how well he is doing and how strong he is. Jackson discovered a while ago that he can push things or people away that he doesn’t like or want. The doctor said that much older babies do that, that it is very rare a baby his age will figure that out. We were instructed to start solids, and have. He LOVES apples and banana’s, enjoys corn a whole lot, will eat carrots when they are mixed with something sweeter. Like’s broccoli alright, but prefers his corn and fruits. We are going to try peaches today and sweet potatoes in a few days. He has the best smile I’ve ever seen and makes any bad day better when he flashes those dimples. He is starting to get along with his daddy better, and has a bit of stranger anxiety. He adores his great Grammy, loves his Pappa, thinks Ya Ya is silly, and looks at Uncle David like don’t drop me Uncle legs (6’4” is a long way to fall). Overall he is the best baby I could ask for. I love him more and more each day and cannot wait to see what he discovers or learns to do next.
On another note, we have had our fair share of medical issues with the poor little guy. He was circumcised at 3 days old and the doctor who did it messed it up royally! (If you do not support circumcisions or have a problem with them for whatever reason, I don’t care! I don’t want any comments about OUR choice to have it done. Good, bad or indifferent. I’ve heard enough from everyone so keep it to yourself.) We had to take him to urology to see if it needs to be fixed, and if so when. He does need it fixed, so in about 7 ½ months my poor little trooper will have surgery. I’m glad it will be fixed, but terrified he has to have anesthesia. He has also had thrush off and on since he was about 2 months. It is a terrible thing that is affecting us both, but not harming him. He had an eye infection caused by a piece of fuzz or something that got in his eye. It was awful for him but he bounced back and is fine. My poor little angel has had to take so many med’s already, it really sucks, but he is so strong and such a trooper about everything. Nearly always smiles and squeals, loves to blow those bubbles, raspberry at me and pop his tongue on the roof of his mouth. He finds it hilarious to stick his hands and fingers in my mouth, so I can pretend to bite them and make silly noises, loves being tickled and squeals so loud when he does.
I’m so proud of him each and every day. I wouldn’t trade this life for anything. It’s now that I realize I’m exactly where I want, and need to be. My son, Jackson Robert Lucas is the most amazing baby I’ve ever met. Yes, I am biased, but I hear all the time about the joy he brings to other people, how beautiful or handsome he is and everything. He is just amazing.
We love you all, and hope everyone is doing just as great as we are.
Hugs and kisses to all,
Brittany, Frank, and Jackson 




Saturday, February 21, 2009
Posted by Brittany & Jackson at 2:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment